Death level a pet to Hearty in the Zaishen Menagerie in ~14 minutes afk!
Team Composition Edit
The Player Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=N/R mar=12][Blood is Power][Sloth Hunter's Shot][Dual Shot][Penetrating Attack][Sundering Attack][Charm Animal][Optional][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/N exp=12 mar=12][Blood is Power][Sloth Hunter's Shot][Dual Shot][Penetrating Attack][Sundering Attack][Charm Animal][Optional][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- Armor with a Sup Rune on each piece (no Vigor)
- max Vampiric Hornbow (no fortitude mod)
UA Ranger Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/Mo exp=12+3 wil=12+1+3][Quickening Zephyr][Serpent's Quickness][Unyielding Aura][Charm Animal][Optional][Optional][Optional][Optional][/build] </pvxbig> Charm Animal should only be used by player! (disabled for hero)
- +20e Divine Favor Staff
- Put this hero on passive mode.
UA Mesmer Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/Me div=12 ins=12][Arcane Echo][Arcane Mimicry][Ether Signet][Blackout][Unyielding Aura][Optional][Optional][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- 20/20 Inspiration Focus
- no Main Hand weapon
- Put this hero on guard mode.
- If you want to level several pets then kill only the "duplicates" and level all of them by staying in the middle. 3-4 pets = about one hour if they are close enough.
If you want to level one pet:
- This method doesn't work for the Rainbow Phoenix, since it only spawns if you are alone with no heroes :(
- Create a N/R or R/N PvP character, so you don't need to spend any money getting the necessary gear
- Find the pet you've unlocked and want to charm in the Menagerie
- Rangerspike all the pets except one
- Turn the surviving pet hostile by charming it, then cancelling (it won't attack you)
- Lock your Mo/Me heroes onto the pet (With blackout, they will follow it around, but can't attack it without a mainhand weapon)
- Sac yourself (at around 30DP you will automatically die upon ressing if you have a vamp weapon and 5 superior runes equipped)
- Go afk
- The heroes will automatically res you and follow the pet around, making sure it gets experience
- After about 15 minutes, the pet should be level 20 and Hearty (even if it's name hasn't updated when you highlight it)
- When you want to charm it, spam a weaponswitch so that when you res you don't die automatically, and use Charm
- You can also use the Ranger hero to Charm the animal as well
- Show your new level 20 Hearty pet to the Tamer and voila, you've unlocked all evolutions!
Modification: Give "Charm Animal" to ranger-hero. You can level 2 pets, take both to the NPC, ... and repeat it OR you can level one pet, use the heroes skill to get the pet - while hero is at work you can run back to the NPC.