Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build is a basic Barrage Ranger that can be used and modified for many situations and secondary professions. The main goal is to use the common elite skill Barrage so as to synergize with other skills for a better effect or at least other skills that complement it in its most common uses. Barrage is most often used to target groups of enemies while using increases to damage output or other effects on each barrage.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/any marksm=12+1+1 expert=8+1][barrage][distracting shot][savage shot][optional][optional][ebon battle standard of honor][Lightning reflexes][optional][/build] </pvxbig> Optional slots for:
Marksmanship, Expertise (put remaining attribute points in Expertise)
- Favorable Winds for more damage, and faster arrows means you won't get strafed.
- Sloth Hunter's Shot for increased single target damage.
- Needling Shot for increased single target damage.
Beast Mastery (make Beast Mastery 10)
- Comfort Animal Adding a pet to the build will then turn you into what is referred to as a B/P ranger.
- Edge of Extinction additional damage to others upon finishing a foe. Be careful when deciding to use against human foes.
Command (put 10 in Command)
- "Go for the Eyes!" to increase damage and chance of crit
- "Find Their Weakness!" to increase damage and Deep Wound.
- Anthem of Envy can add some minor damage.
- Hexbreaker Aria party wide hex removal
- Signet of Return is useful as a repeatable resurrection skill, even without access to the Leadership attribute.
Fire/Water/Air Magic (make chosen attribute 10)
- Conjure Flame to increase damage of Barrage with a Fiery Bowstring
- Conjure Frost to increase damage of Barrage with an Icy Bowstring
- Conjure Lightning to increase damage of Barrage with a Shocking Bowstring
- Triple Shot for increased single target damage when combined with nightmare weapon and/or a conjure.
- Summon Spirits can be used to keep Favorable Winds, Winnowing, and/or Edge of Extinction with you, mitigating their long downtimes and casting times.
- "Save Yourselves!" adrenaline builds up quickly with Barrage.
- "I Am The Strongest!" for additional damage.
- Dwarven Stability to extend Lightning Reflexes or another stance.
- Drunken Master IAS with alcohol instead of Lightning Reflexes.
- Never Rampage Alone for a constant IAS when bringing a pet instead of Lightning Reflexes.
- Any armor can be used, but Survivor insignia or Beastmaster's insignia with a pet are better choices.
- Vampiric or Zealous bow strings are used a lot in Barrage builds as you get multiple hits per shot (provided the build doesn't call for an elemental string) though a Sundering string is a good stand-by if you don't want to worry about the degen and makes a good switch-out weapon.
- A Flatbow is commonly used in a barrage build provided Favorable Winds is brought as well to lessen the large arrow arc from a Flatbow and to help speed the arrows to their targets. Otherwise, each bow has its own ups and downs but can be used as preferred. If you wish to use a green Flatbow:
- Any standard melee/ranger counters such as blindness
- Attack and hit hexes like Empathy, Spiteful Spirit, etc.