Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
A standard Ranger bar using Barrage to cap from a distance, and various utility skills to defend quarries and snare carriers.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ranger/Any Expertise=12+1+1 Marksmanship=12+1][Barrage][Distracting Shot][Savage Shot][Pin Down][Lightning Reflexes][optional][optional][optional][/build] Damage/Utility
- [[Debilitating Shot@13]
- [[Hunter's Shot@13]
- [[Poison Tip Signet@4]
- [[Zojun's Shot@14]
- [[Point Blank Shot@14]
- [[Splinter Weapon (PvP)@10] Expertise to 11+2+1, Marksmanship to 10+1, Channeling to 10
- [[Nightmare Weapon@10] in combination with Splinter Weapon
- [[Mending Touch@3]
- [[Remove Hex] Useful vs. [[Empathy@14] and [[Insidious Parasite@14] which stack heavily when using barrage.
- [[Antidote Signet]
- [[Throw Dirt@14]
- [[Restful Breeze@3]
- [[Shadow Refuge@3]
- [[Storm's Embrace]
- [[Zojun's Haste@14]
- [[Death's Charge@3]
- Survivor/Stalwart/Pyrebound Insignias
- Superior Vigor, runes of Vitae or Restoration/Clarity if not using condition removal.
- Vampiric Flatbow of Fortitude with "Strength and Honor" inscription for Barraging.
- Vampiric Recurve Bow of Fortitude with "Strength and Honor" inscription for interrupting/defending.
- Zealous Flatbow of Fortitude with "Strength and Honor" inscription for Barraging if you need to build up energy or vs. E-denial.
- +5 energy +30 hp spear with +30 hp shields with various +10 armor inscriptions (especially vs. lightning, piercing, fire).
- Barrage from high ledges or bridges, your range can be far enough that NPCs do not attack you, and you are usually safer from players.
- Aim for the middle NPC (at Quarries this is a Wizard if it's Luxon-owned or an Illusionist if it's Kurzick-owned).
- Use [[Lightning Reflexes@14] to block arrows if capping at a near distance, or as an IAS to speed up capping. Also use for defense vs. players.
- Defend Quarries by interrupting and disabling key nukes such as [[Ray of Judgment@16].
- Cripple enemy players and Carriers using [[Pin Down@13].
- Anti-martial hexes ([[Empathy@14] and [[Insidious Parasite@14] especially)
- Interrupts and skill disablers (such as [[Distracting Shot], [[Signet of Humility@9], or [[Diversion@14])