The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
A standard Ranger bar using Barrage to cap from a distance, and various utility skills to defend quarries and snare carriers.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ranger/Any Expertise=12+1+1 Marksmanship=12+1][Barrage][Distracting Shot][Savage Shot][Pin Down][Lightning Reflexes][optional][optional][optional][/build] Damage/Utility
- [[Debilitating Shot@13]
- [[Hunter's Shot@13]
- [[Poison Tip Signet@4]
- [[Zojun's Shot@14]
- [[Point Blank Shot@14]
- [[Splinter Weapon (PvP)@10] Expertise to 11+2+1, Marksmanship to 10+1, Channeling to 10
- [[Nightmare Weapon@10] in combination with Splinter Weapon
- [[Mending Touch@3]
- [[Remove Hex] Useful vs. [[Empathy@14] and [[Insidious Parasite@14] which stack heavily when using barrage.
- [[Antidote Signet]
- [[Throw Dirt@14]
- [[Restful Breeze@3]
- [[Shadow Refuge@3]
- [[Storm's Embrace]
- [[Zojun's Haste@14]
- [[Death's Charge@3]
- Survivor/Stalwart/Pyrebound Insignias
- Superior Vigor, runes of Vitae or Restoration/Clarity if not using condition removal.
- Vampiric Flatbow of Fortitude with "Strength and Honor" inscription for Barraging.
- Vampiric Recurve Bow of Fortitude with "Strength and Honor" inscription for interrupting/defending.
- Zealous Flatbow of Fortitude with "Strength and Honor" inscription for Barraging if you need to build up energy or vs. E-denial.
- +5 energy +30 hp spear with +30 hp shields with various +10 armor inscriptions (especially vs. lightning, piercing, fire).
- Barrage from high ledges or bridges, your range can be far enough that NPCs do not attack you, and you are usually safer from players.
- Aim for the middle NPC (at Quarries this is a Wizard if it's Luxon-owned or an Illusionist if it's Kurzick-owned).
- Use [[Lightning Reflexes@14] to block arrows if capping at a near distance, or as an IAS to speed up capping. Also use for defense vs. players.
- Defend Quarries by interrupting and disabling key nukes such as [[Ray of Judgment@16].
- Cripple enemy players and Carriers using [[Pin Down@13].
- Anti-martial hexes ([[Empathy@14] and [[Insidious Parasite@14] especially)
- Interrupts and skill disablers (such as [[Distracting Shot], [[Signet of Humility@9], or [[Diversion@14])