Use Barbed Signet to facilitate Discord/Necrosis spiking. Play in human dominated parties or back yourself up with heroes in dedicated support roles while personally dishing out damage approaching that of a Discordway team. Alternately, act as marker with a full Discordway team for massive spike damage.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=N/? blo=9+1 death=12+1+3 sou=9+1 cur=3][Discord][Optional][Optional][Barbed Signet][Necrosis][Optional]["Finish Him!"][Optional][/build]
- Optional Slot 2 and 3 Curses:
- [[Parasitic Bond@16]. Cheap, long lasting, very fast recharge.
- [[Vile Miasma@16]. Extra spike damage when setting up attack chain.
- [[Putrid Bile@16]. Pressure and AoE damage.
- [[Blood Bond@10]. Cheap allied minion/melee heal support.
- [[Pain Inverter]. Anti-AoE and boss spiking.
- [[Web of Disruption]. Double duty interrupt and hex.
- [[Ethereal Burden@1]. Snare.
- [[Grasping Earth@1]. PBAoE snare.
- [[Chilling Winds@0]. Long lasting cheap hex.
- [[Overload@0]. Cheap,fast recharge and cast, but very short. Great for very experienced teams.
- Additional utility skill if picking Parasitic Bond. See slot 8.
- Optional Slot 6 backup condition marker:
- Optional Slot 8 utility:
+60 health +17 energy weapon/focus set.
Vigor/Vitae runes in free slots.
Activate Barbed Signet before approaching the enemy. Hex a target, then alternate between Discord and Necrosis until either Barbed Signet runs out or you need to reapply a hex. Use "Finish Him!" to speed up your kills against heavily damaged targets or bosses, use the backup condition marker against immune to bleeding foes, and use Necrosis against spell immune foes. Soul Reaping spiked enemies should keep you energized for most fights even without energy management skills.
Your non Necromancer hexes will not trigger Barbed Signet's bleeding effect, but Discord will trigger bleeding before its damage is applied, so the attack sequence remains unchanged.
Heavy hex removal
Fragility hybrid variant Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=N/Me ill=8 blo=9+1 death=11+1+3 sou=8+1 cur=1][Discord][Optional][Fragility][Barbed Signet][Necrosis][Optional]["Finish Him!"][Optional][/build]
- Illusion of Weakness Automatic emergency heal. Additional utility choice.
Functions in the same way as the main variant. Fragility causes additional area damage when combined with Fevered Dreams or Searing Heat heroes and slightly boosts your first Discord attack. Due to Fragility and the ease of reapplying bleeding, fast enemy condition removal actually makes you more effective. Finish Him! also triggers Fragility twice in addition to its usual damage.