The PvXwiki community finds this to be an important part of the metagame.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
- One of the more popular and versatile capping styles, as you can take an unguarded quarry with one spell.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=monk/parag smitin=12+1+3 Healing=9+3 comman=9][healing breeze][orison of healing] [kareis healing circle][cure hex][make haste][castigation signet][bane signet][ray of judgment][/build] </pvxbig>
- Substitute Smite Hex for Cure Hex, to be more offense-minded.
- Healing Ribbon for Karei's Healing Circle, if you wish to avoid healing enemies.
- Restful Breeze can be used instead of Healing Breeze; it's more effective for healing carriers, but less for healing other players.
- Radiant Insignias, Superior Vigor, Runes of Attunement.
- Superior Healing Prayers and Smiting Prayers can be used, since longevity isn't an issue. Dying is often better after throwing all your skills around; it instantly refills your energy, rather than struggling on with low reserves.
- 40/40 Smiting set.
- At the start of the match, use "Make Haste!" to speed up the fastest teammate going for Yellow, then follow them.
- If they capture Yellow, use Healing Breeze and "Make Haste!" on your carrier to speed them out of the fight.
- If they fail to capture, wait until the NPCs are attackable and capture it yourself, then speed the carrier out.
- To capture a quarry, use Ray of Judgment on the Illusionist/Wizard next to the Thunder/Storm Caller (if playing Luxon or Kurzick, respectively). Then either stay in range and attack with Signets to speed the capture along, or retreat out of range and heal yourself.
- Once captured, you can either stay and guard the quarry (healing the NPCs and smiting attackers), guard the carrier (using "Make Haste!" to speed it and the heals to keep it alive), or go on to capture another point (using the same tactics).
- Generally, this build is not very effective against other players, who will usually move out of RoJ's way. You can use the two Signets to deal with them during other tasks, though. Use Castigation Signet to regain energy off attackers, and Bane Signet to knock them down, hopefully in the range of a RoJ for extra damage.
- Healers at a quarry will make it very hard to capture with one RoJ alone. Depending on how focused they are, though, you may still be able to pick off most of the NPCs, especially if you can use your signets to help.
- Standard anti-caster or anti-elite. Anti-shout impedes your speeding ability, but not much else.
- NPC scatter, though this is very rarely a problem with RoJ.