The PvXwiki community finds this to be an important part of the metagame.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build uses Air Magic to Spike and Blind opponents. Additional defense and/or utility skills round out the character.
- Somewhat out of favor, having been replaced by water eles in balanced builds. Still seen in some ele-based split builds.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=eleme/n airmag=12+1+1 energy=9+1 blo=9][blinding surge][Shell Shock][Lightning Bolt][Strip Enchantment][gale][glyph of lesser energy][air attunement][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- 5x Survivor/Blessed Insignia
- Superior Vigor
- Minor Air
- Minor Energy Storage
- Air Wand of Memory, 20% cast time
- Air Focus of Aptitude, 20% recharge
- Air Wand of Memory, +15/-1 energy
- Energy Storage Focus of Fortitude, +15/-1 energy
- Blood Wand of Memory, 20% cast time (For Strip Enchantment)
- Blood Focus of Aptitude, 20% recharge (For Strip Enchantment)
- Heavy Spear of Defense, +5 energy or 10% recharge or 10% cast time
- Strength Shield of Fortitude, -20% cripple
- Strength Shields of Fortitude, +10 armor vs each damage type
- Cast Air Attunement before entering combat.
- Use Blinding Surge to relieve pressure, and particularly to deflect enemies' most powerful attack skills (watch for Warriors converging on a new target). Do NOT spam Blinding Surge on recharge or it becomes very easy for enemy mesmers to Divert.
- Interrupts, particularly Distracting Shot, Power Lock and Power Block.
- Signet of Humility.
- Enchantment removal.
- Standard caster counters, Dazed, Migraine etc.
- Chain Lightning or Lightning Orb over Lightning Bolt
- Armor of Sanctity (6 Earth Prayers)
- In HA consider taking:
- Ward Against Foes with Grasping Earth.
- "Make Haste!" and "Fall Back!".