This build has been archived as of 26/8/06, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good before being archived.
The RA Shock Axe is a PvP-oriented Warrior/Elementalist build, focusing on heavy damage, axe-inflicted conditions, and the stand-alone air magic skill Shock. It is geared towards Random Arena fights, where it can be a considerable force on the field.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build name="RA Shock Axe" prof=warri/eleme axemas=12+1+1 tactic=11+1 streng=6+1 airmag=2][eviscerate][axe rake][executioners strike][distracting blow][to the limit][sprint][shock][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- To get more bang for your buck, use a full Radiant Insignias set with the Chimeric Prism as shield. This will raise your initial Energy pool to 32.
Note: The Chimeric Prism is only available to players with the European pre-order version of Chapter 1.
- If creating a PvP only character for this build, choose a Vampiric PvP Axe of Fortitude and a Zealous PvP Axe of Fortitude.
- Take Radiant Insignias to increase you maximum energy.
- A Stonefist Insignia on one piece of armor (not the chest or legs) is a must.
- Upon entering combat, make liberal use of "To the Limit!" to quickly build adrenaline while selecting a target that appears to rely on stances and/or slow-casting skills for defense.
- As soon as possible, fire off Eviscerate immediately followed up by Axe Rake, thereby both preventing your opponent from running away (through |Crippling them), and more importantly covering your Deep Wound.
- Keep cycling the 3 attack skills with "To the Limit!" as fast as they will allow.
- Use Shock to counter any slow-casting spells and to drop runners until you can get a cripple off on them. Be careful, however, and don't just spam the button, as your limited energy reserves will quickly be greyed out from exhaustion.
- Use Sprint to reach your target if it is running away, until you cripple it.
- Resurrection Signet should be used immediately to resurrect fallen allies.
- This build can work reasonably well with swords as well. Replace the three axe skills with Sever Artery, Gash and Hamstring to have the same effects as well as bleeding. Beware, however, that Hamstring may be prohibitively expensive after just one or two uses of Shock, because it is not an adrenal skill.
- If using a sword with a lightning mod, you can always opt to include Conjure Lightning and Hundred Blades for a nice damage boost as well as a quick adrenaline boost when fighting multiple foes. Beware however that this prohibits you from running Zealous or Vampiric weapon mods and you'll be fairly susecptible to enchantment removal.
- For increased attack speed, swap Axe Rake or "To the Limit!" with Tiger Stance.
- A previous version of this build, which used Gale instead of Shock, took a major nerf with the |March 3rd, 2006 update, as the casting cost of Gale was increased from 5 to 10 energy, and the dynamics changed so that exhaustion now carries into the negatives. Shock is now a more viable replacement as it costs 5 energy.
See Also Edit