Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 23:31, 3 April 2008 (EDT), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
The Obsidian Tank takes the high armor/health/durability of the warrior class, and adds to it the defensive capabilities of the Elementalist Earth Magic enchantments. Its purpose is to take/hold aggro and soak up damage. It is strictly a PvE build with little use outside of very high level areas like the Domain of Anguish and Sorrow's Furnace, where variations of this build have been a staple for ages. It pairs very well with a monk bonder build.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build name='w/e obsidian tank' prof=warri/eleme streng=12+1+3 earthm=12 tact=3][stoneflesh aura][obsidian flesh][wary stance][grasping earth][glyph of swiftness][endure pain][dolyak signet][signet of stamina][/build] </pvxbig>
- Optional skills for certain situations are:
- A +5 energy axe/sword of Enchanting.
- A Strength Shield with a "Sheltered by Faith" inscription and a Shield Handle of Devotion. The shield is also available from the collector Talmehinu.
- An Earth Focus with a "Sheltered by Faith" or "Faith is My Shield" inscription and a Focus Core of Devotion. Both availible from Kehjim in The Kodash Bazaar or Grif Ebonmane in Command Post. The Earth Focus is also available from the collector Helenah.
Use Signet of Stamina when first entering an area, and never attack anything (unless you need to pull with a bow). Use Stoneflesh Aura, then pull group to a corner to make it harder to get past you, while under Endure Pain and with your shield equipped to help against the initial spike of damage.
Once in your spot, use Dolyak Signet and switch to your Earth Focus to start putting up your enchantments. Cast Stoneflesh Aura first. If you brought a Spell Breaker monk with you, wait until it nearly runs out then use Glyph of Swiftness followed by Obsidian Flesh. Keep up this cycle to prevent harmful spells and enchantment removal. Use Grasping Earth to slow the movement of the nearby enemies, and switch back to your shield.
Maintain your enchantments as needed. Grasping Earth should be used before your teammates come in to cast. Stay with your Shield equipped as much as possible for the armor, equipping the Earth Focus only when you need the energy to cast an enchantment.
- Enchantment removal from non-spell or PBAoE spells.
- Touch skills.
- Replace Grasping Earth with Ward Against Foes when facing enemies that have lots of hex removal.
- Replace Dolyak Signet with I Am Unstoppable! for a more flexible KD protection for gathering aggro.