This build has been archived as of 23:46, 14 January 2008 (EST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
This build sports a hefty five knockdowns. It is used to pressure and disrupt enemy warriors.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=warri/eleme hammer=12+1+1 streng=12+1 airmag=3][counter blow][bulls strike][crushing blow][devastating hammer][hammer bash][shock][rush][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Zealous, Vampiric, and Ebon PvP Hammer (elemental damage preffered as main target will be warriors).
- Sentinel's Armor.
- Stonefist insignia. This effectively doubles the power of this build.
- Try to stay on enemy Warriors to force enemy monks up to heal them and to disrupt their damage dealing abilities; however, enemy Mesmers and sometimes Elementalists can pose a large threat that can be solved by your knockdowns. (Note that you will need extraordinary timing to interrupt several common Mesmer skills, due to their low base casting time and Fast Casting.)
- Use your knockdown skills to interrupt critical skills, as well as ones with a long casting time (such as Meteor Shower or Backfire).
- Use Rush and Bull's Strike against kiting enemies.
- Use Counter Blow and Devastating Hammer on enemy Warriors.
- Try running away from a melee foe for a bit (long enough for him to queue up an attack skill), and then attacking him with Counter Blow. You should hit just after they begin their attack.
- Follow up your knockdowns with Crushing Blow.
- Use Shock if your other knockdowns are recharging or if their conditions are not met. Also, use it on foes that block or evade your attacks.
- Note that this is primarily a defensive character designed to take pressure off monks. It still has some bite, however.
- All normal Melee counters (Blind, Ward Against Melee, Shadow of Fear, etc.)
- Anti-Knockdown skills (Ward of Stability, "Brace Yourself!")
- Sprint or another running skill may replace Enraging Charge but it is not advised.
- Irresistible Blow could be useful against blocking kiters.
- Heavy Blow could replace Hammer Bash.