This build has been archived as of January 23rd, 2008, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
A Zergway team uses the heavy pressure and energy denial produced by Steady Stance warriors combined with the healing abilities of motivation Paragons to create a durable team that is very difficult to take down through traditional means.
4 Steady Stance IWAY WarriorsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=w/r axe=12+1 tactics=11+1+1 strength=6+1][drunken blow][desperation blow][steady stance] [disrupting chop][fear me][iway][charm animal][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
1 Tactics IWAY WarriorEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=w/r axe=12+1 tactics=12+1+1 strength=3+1][bull's strike][watch yourself][shields up] [charge][retreat][iway][charm animal][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
1 Oath Shot Spirit SpammerEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=r/rt expertise=10+1 wilderness=11+1+1 beast=10+1 restoration=1][oath shot][dust trap][nature's renewal] [tranquility][edge of extinction][fertile season][natural stride][flesh of my flesh@0][/build] </pvxbig>
2 Healing ParagonsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=p/mo motivation=12+1+1 leadership=11+1 healing=6][signet of synergy][infuse health][song of restoration] [ballad of restoration][chorus of restoration][remove hex][song of concentration][mending refrain][/build] </pvxbig>
<pvxbig> [build prof=p/mo motivation=12+1+1 leadership=11+1 healing=6][signet of synergy][infuse health][song of purification] [ballad of restoration][chorus of restoration][signet of aggression][remove hex][finale of restoration][/build] </pvxbig>
The build is very simple and requires little coordination.
- The Warriors should send in their pets with bows, then lock them onto the enemy Ghostly Hero. Apply pressure by cycling Steady Stance and your Blows, using Fear Me when it's charged. Use Disrupting Chop to interrupt key skills. The charge warrior provides a constant speed boost to catch up to kiters.
- The Ranger should keep the spirits alive, using Dust Trap to defend them if necessary. This is vital to disrupt teams that use Hexes and Enchantments, and to provide more health against spikes.
- The Paragons should use their shouts and chants to keep the team alive. Mending Refrain should be cast on the party before the battle, and kept up with Anthem of Flame. Cycle your chants as the team takes damage, making sure not to overlap with the other Paragon. Use Signet of Synergy for general healing and Infuse Health to counter spikes.
- Anti-melee and anti-shout hexes, such as Vocal Minority, totally destroy this build, as it has minimal hex removal.
- Heavy interruption can also shut down the paragons, destroying the healing capabilities of the team.
- An Expel Paragon is sometimes used to counter hexes and support the warriors, replacing a Steady Stancer. For example:
<pvxbig> [build prof=P/Me lea=10+1 comma=10+1 spe=11+1+1][Expel Hexes][Mirror of Disenchantment][Aggressive Refrain][Spear of Lightning]["Go for the Eyes!"][Vicious Attack][Anthem of Envy]["Make Haste!"][/build] </pvxbig>
- A Smoke Trapper is sometimes used to spread extra degeneration. It replaces a Steady Stancer. For example:
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/E wil=12+1+1 exp=10+1 ear=8][trapper's speed][ward against foes][smoke trap][flame trap][barbed trap][natural stride][dust trap][resurrection signet] [/build] </pvxbig>
The word zerg comes from the RTS Starcraft. It is a playable race, which relies on large numbers of cheap units to overwhelm their foes. They are also an extremely fast race, and often "rush" the opposition, destroying them early on. In MMOs "to zerg" means to mob on the enemy.