This build has been archived as of 16:36 February 26th, 2010, for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
The CwD Capping Team uses the powerful item spell Cruel Was Daoshen to swiftly neutralize both enemy shrines and mobs alike.
Team Composition Edit
WoW Capper Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ritualist/Ranger Channeling=12+1+3 Restoration=10+1 Wilde=8 Spawni=2][cruel was daoshen][offering of spirit][Soothing Memories][Mend Body and Soul][Weapon of Warding][Ancestor's Rage][Natural Stride][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
2 Hard Res Cappers Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ritualist/Ranger Channeling=12+1+3 Restoration=10+1 Wilde=8 Spawni=2][cruel was daoshen][offering of spirit][Soothing Memories][Mend Body and Soul][Ancestor's Rage][Natural Stride][Optional][Death Pact Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- The Ritualists should bring spirits that make it slightly harder for enemies to cap the shrine later on, such as:
- Bloodsong can help against disorganized attempts at capping
- Agony helps against mobs of minions to some extent.
- Recuperation eases some pressure off of both NPC's and allies that pass within spirit range.
- Recovery annoys enemies that rely on conditions
- Life Will die when the shrine is nuked, healing the npcs
Optimal Equipment Edit
weapon sets for
- 40/40 channeling
- Defense and high health,(Spear/Sword/Axe+Shield) with a "Swift As The Wind" inscription on the shield.
- Anything else you may want, such as 40/40 restoration and high energy sets
ZB Monk Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/Ranger Prot=12+1+1 divi=10+1 Wilde=8][Zealous Benediction][Reversal of Fortune][Guardian][mend condition][Mending Touch][Shield of Absorption][Holy Veil][Natural Stride][/build] </pvxbig>
- Ritualists should spend time healing when not spiking. Do not try to pressure foes with CwD.
- Spike by casting Cruel was Daoshen, running near the target and casting Cruel was Daoshen again, causing the first one to drop, and then dropping the second one.
- Finish off other enemies with Ancestors' Rage if necessary.
- The Ritulists with hard res have healing priority. Make sure one of them is alive at all times.
- Maintain energy with Offering of Spirit.
- Use Soothing Memories as a general heal.
- While on the move, maintain Natural Stride and Cruel was Daoshen.
- Run up to the NPCs at the shrine and use the CwD spike.
- Cast your spirits, get energy, heal up, and move on.
Mob Killing Edit
- The rit should use Weapon of Warding on the monk before the group attempts to break up a mob.
- Run into the most concentrated part of the mob with Natural Stride.
- Use the CwD spike, and try to finish off some low-health targets with A-Rage.
- Use Natural Stride to run away from the survivors and those untouched by the spike.
- Poor coordination.
- Getting separated.
- Caster hate.
- Anti-spike skills.
- Any Restoration/Channeling spirit not listed.
- Channeled Strike instead of A-Rage or MBaS for finishing off foes, or even for a long-range spike on a single weakened enemy.
- Spirit Rift for a long-range spike on weakened NPC's.
- Essence Strike to help manage energy and finish off enemies. Generally not very practical given the usual play style of this build.
- "Make Haste!" for more mobility, but less defense.
- "Fall Back!" on the three rits. Opens up the monk's secondary and provides mobility at the cost of defence. Chain for best results.
- Spirit Light instead of mend body and soul for a larger heal at the cost of conditional sacrifice
- Flesh of My Flesh for a different Hard Res.
- Resilient Weapon instead of weapon of warding for more conditional defense.
- One Ritualist can take ranks in in Communing instead of Restoration to access a wider range of protective/offensive spirits for shrine protection, and perhaps bring Vital Weapon to maintain on all party members
- A form of voice chat is recommended due to the coordination required.