Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 05:49, November 14, 2009 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
- This build is specified to clear bigger parts of the Underworld.
- It's much like the standard Famine/55 build but easier and less stressful for the tank.
- It also gives you the opportunity to duofarm more then just the Aatxes and the Smite Crawlers.
- There were too many changes to add it to the variants so I started a new article.
- Compared with the regular 55/Famine team build this is more relaxed.
- This build makes Fighting Obsidian Behemoths, Terrorweb Dryders and Coldfire Nights Possible.
- It's handy if you want to clear more of The Underworld than just the Crawlers.
- The idea of using a Mesmer as tank is the advantage of Fast Casting so you can cast between the Maelstroms and Meteor Showers.
Team Composition Edit
Tanking/Fighting Mesmer Edit
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build name="55 iw/famine team - tanking mesmer" prof=mesme/monk fastca=6+3 illusi=12+3+1 healin=7 protec=9][protective spirit][healing breeze][illusionary weaponry][power return][optional][ancestors visage][sympathetic visage][balthazars spirit][/build] </pvxbig>
- Optional Skill is Images of Remorse. Good to take out the Coldfire Nights.
- Another option is Persistence of Memory to counter the interrupts.
- Another option is Shield of Absorption if you plan to tank a lot of mobs at once!
- Any Armorset with Superior Runes to take your HP down to 105.
- An extra (unruned) armorset to puzzle with. If you die two or three times in a row, you'll have insufficient hp to go on. That's why you might need to take another piece of armor.
- A melee weapon with +5 energy bonus and an enchantment mod. e.g. Totem Axe
- A wand to wand Dying Nightmares to death.
- The -50HP Cesta.
- Before engaging into combat cast Prot Spirit and Sympathetic Visage.
- If fighting Coldfire Nights or Obsidian Behemoths, cast Illusionary Weaponry.
- When a Dying Nightmare pops up. Use Power Return if it casts Rend Enchantments and kill it with your wand.
- When fighting a lot of mobs at once use Healing Breeze.
Bond Monk Edit
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build name="55 iw/famine team - bond monk" prof=monk/range healin=9+3+1 wilder=12 marksm=9][watchful spirit][mending][essence bond][succor][resurrection chant][rebirth][choking gas][famine][/build] </pvxbig>
- Any monk armor. Radiant Insignia Preferred.
- A Longbow. Preferred Req. 8 so you can change Healing Prayers to 10.
- When entering UW, cast Mending, Succor, Watchful Spirit and Essence Bond on the tank.
- From the moment the tank engages into combat, stay in a safe zone.
- Use Famine. Put it at 66% of radar distance from the tank. If you put it too close, the mobs will attack it when they scatter. If you put it too far, it won't work at all.
- When meeting Coldfire Nights, Terrorweb Dryders or Obsidian Behemoths, use Savage Shot/Choking Gas to interrupt respectively Maelstrom, Meteor Shower or Healing Spring.
- For the rest. Have a glass of whiskey on the rocks.
- Dying Nightmares (if more than two).
- Monk Death.
See also Edit
- This is Do-able with a Hero Monk. Suggest Disabling all skills and placing in passive mode, also swap out the interrupt - perhaps hex or condition removal.
- In the time using this build I have never needed to swap my armor, but I have needed to swap out the -50 Cesta, I take The Rockmolder to replace it.