Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 20:35, 25 February 2009 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/any wilder=12+1+1 expert=12+1][smoke trap][barbed trap][flame trap][dust trap][tripwire][natural stride][optional][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Plenty of skills to consider, depending on the scenario:
- Use Radiant insignias for the energy bonus.
- A Staff with +5 energy, such as Kole's Torment or Staff of the Forgotten.
- Trap early. The trap will last 90 seconds; best to set it early and flee than to wait too long and get interrupted.
- Trap choke points. If you know the enemy has to run over/through a certain spot, trap it.
- Trap offensively by standing next to an attacking warrior (one not attacking you), activate Natural Stride, and lay down Dust Trap or Smoke Trap. Snare/Tripwire is a good combo for offensive trapping, as the KD can turn the tide of battle.
- Trap defensively by setting a trap as your party flees/kites away; the enemies, in pursuit, will often run straight into your traps in an attempt to keep applying pressure.
- And most importantly, don't try to trap while under pressure. Waiting the few extra seconds until you can successfully trap is better than jumping the gun and having traps interrupted.
- Major Energy denial.
- Constant physical damage (even simple wanding, if done often enough, can be the bane of a trapper).