This build has been archived as of 20:35, 25 February 2009 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/any wilder=12+1+1 expert=12+1][smoke trap][barbed trap][flame trap][dust trap][tripwire][natural stride][optional][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Plenty of skills to consider, depending on the scenario:
- Use Radiant insignias for the energy bonus.
- A Staff with +5 energy, such as Kole's Torment or Staff of the Forgotten.
- Trap early. The trap will last 90 seconds; best to set it early and flee than to wait too long and get interrupted.
- Trap choke points. If you know the enemy has to run over/through a certain spot, trap it.
- Trap offensively by standing next to an attacking warrior (one not attacking you), activate Natural Stride, and lay down Dust Trap or Smoke Trap. Snare/Tripwire is a good combo for offensive trapping, as the KD can turn the tide of battle.
- Trap defensively by setting a trap as your party flees/kites away; the enemies, in pursuit, will often run straight into your traps in an attempt to keep applying pressure.
- And most importantly, don't try to trap while under pressure. Waiting the few extra seconds until you can successfully trap is better than jumping the gun and having traps interrupted.
- Major Energy denial.
- Constant physical damage (even simple wanding, if done often enough, can be the bane of a trapper).