Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 20 March 2008, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
This is a Ranger that trades the conditional Degen and Mobility/Defense of a standard Bow Ranger template for massive ranged damage. This build, or variants thereof, is commonly referred to as a Turret Ranger or Machine Gun Ranger.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/W Expert=12+1+1 Marksmanship=12+1][Distracting Shot][Penetrating Attack][Sundering Attack][Prepared Shot][Flail][Read the Wind][Lightning Reflexes][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Survivor Insignia's on your armor.
- Flatbow with +15% damage over 50% health, +5 armor, and Vampiric mod. This will be your main bow for attacking. (Sundering Bow also works and should be used for co-ordinating spikes in GvG. You will do more damage per attack with that bow, although your non-skill attacks will be much slower and you won't have as much range)
- Flatbow with +5 energy, +30 health, and Sundering mod. Switch to this bow when you don't want the degen from your Vamp bow or when you need a quick bit of energy to do an attack. (again, Sundering Bow instead of Flatbow can also work. One set as Flatbow and one set as Sundering may even be ideal.)
- In your inventory, but not as main weapon sets, you'll want Recurve Bows of these same types in case Read the Wind gets hit by Diversion or shut down in some other manner. Flatbows have extremely high arcs when not under the effects of Read the Wind.
- Clarity and Superior Vigor runes.
- Equipment code: Pk5xcOzzjkawj5VNqMhpIfxUjpIDLvipIbRlgpIDr3hpI9E
- Keep Read the Wind maintained at all times.
- Use Prepared Shot and Sundering Attack to dish out quick bursts of damage to targets.
- Use your interrupt wisely! Shutting down opponents' skills can frequently be more powerful than raw damage.
- Use Flail to increase your damage output.
- Use Lightning Reflexes to block attacks and/or for an attack speed buff when adrenaline isn't built to use Flail.
- Hunter's Shot
- Savage Shot
- Debilitating Shot
- Pin Down
- Precision Shot
- Various utility skills (Rend Enchantments, Favorable Winds for GvG, Purge Signet for TA, etc.)
- For PvE good idea is to take "I Am The Strongest!" instead of Lightning Reflexes to dramaticly increase damage output.