This build has been archived as of 08:35, 18 September 2008 (EDT), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
Attributes and Skills Edit
- Offensive Variant:
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/ritua expert=10+1+3 commun=12 restor=8][oath shot][whirling defense][displacement][union][shadowsong][dissonance][generous was tsungrai][optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- Defensive Variant :
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/ritua expert=12+1+3 commun=10 restor=8][oath shot][whirling defense][displacement][recovery][union][shelter][generous was tsungrai][optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- Weapons - Recurve Bow with +5 energy (from Nuwisha, or inscribable with "I Have The Power!" inscription) and Fortitude mod.
- Survivor and Vitae Runes.
- Use Whirling Defense while under attack or at risk of Ranger Interrupts.
- Keep Generous Was Tsungrai up, as opposed to using it when necessary, as it has a relatively low cost and the main limit on its healing comes from recharge, not energy.
- Use these skills preferably before oath shot if they have recharged to achieve full benefit.
- Against spell based group, set up dissonance first, whereas against melee groups, use shadow song. These spirits will reduce the damage done to your builds, as well as potentially devastating area of effect spells on spirits.
- Set up spirits spread out, as opposed to on the same spot, or else AoE spells or Dervishes (especially with Banishing Strike) would make short work of them.
- In some situations, use spirits to body block for effect. Set up dissonance offensively near monks if your group needs offense, at the back defensively if you need help against assassins or melee.
- Anti-spirits or summoned creature skills such as Banishing Strike.
- Armor dependent damage spells, especially AoE ones.
- Blocking or Dodging Oath Shot, or Blinding you while it is being activated.
- Pain does not benefit as much from Oath Shot, but is a nice addition if more damage is needed, and it would also help the energy management of the build.
- Dulled Weapon is good for countering assassins when your defensive stance is not up