Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 05:27, 18 August 2006, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
The Grawl Bomber is designed to farm Grawl in Witman's Folly outside Port Sledge. It is an impressive show of the ranger skill Edge of Extinction, killing 20-30 Grawl and Grawl Crone's in a mere 2 minute timespan.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/necro curses=10 beastm=9+1(+3) expert=8+1(+1) wilder=9+1][troll unguent][throw dirt][mark of pain][dryders defenses][whirling defense][oath shot][edge of extinction][dodge][/build] </pvxbig>
- Druid's Armor with runes of Minor Wilderness Survival and Superior Vigor.
- Tamer's Mask of Superior Beast Mastery
- Hunter's Mask of Minor Expertise
- Longbow from Blankets for the Settlers quest with a perfect Fortitude mod
On the path between the open area where you leave Port Sledge and where the big group of Grawl and Grawl Crone spawn, there should be no Grawl near this area (|Figure 1 and |Figure 2). In order for this run to be successful, your Edge of Extinction spirit needs to survive. The location shown in |Figure 2 is the best.
- Alana Pekpek, a level 28 Elementalist Grawl Ulodyte
- Ipillo Wupwup, a level 28 Monk Grawl Ulodyte
- Salani Pippip, a level 28 Ranger Grawl
- Karobo Dimdim, a level 28 Necromancer Grawl Ulodyte
- Sakalo Yawpyawl, a level 28 Warrior Grawl
Starting the run Edit
Point A (|Figure 5)
- Use Dodge to run to the proper location to lay Edge of Extinction (shown in |Figure 2)
- Switch to Tamer's Mask of Superior Beast Mastery
- Lay down Edge of Extinction
- Switch to Hunter's Mask of Minor Expertise
- Use Troll Unguent and Dodge together and run to one of the clearing to attract the Grawl and Grawl Crone
Running to the hill Edit
Point B (|Figure 5)
- As soon as Troll Unguent runs out, use Whirling Defense and turn around and run towards the first large hill (shown in |Figure 3)
- Do not aggro the mob on the hill to your right, it contains a second boss that might give you further trouble.
- Run up the hill diagonally and stop at the far edge (shown in |Figure 4)
At the hill Edit
Point C (|Figure 5) The casting order is:
- Troll Unguent
- Dryder's Defenses (after Troll Unguent so it won't run out before you use Oath Shot}
- Use Oath Shot to recharge all of your skills
- As soon as Mark of Pain is activated, you will need to wait until you have enough energy before you are able to use Whirling Defense to start the chain reaction from Mark of Pain. It will usually take 2-5 seconds to kill all of the Grawl. If there are not enough Grawl surrounding you to trigger Edge of Extinction, you will have to to run towards the group of Grawl Crones at the bottom of the hill to kill the remaining bunch. Note that the grawl treat the damage from Mark of Pain and Whirling Defense as AoE damge and will scatter after a few hits.
The Aftermath Edit
After the majority of the Grawl and Grawl Crones are dead, pick up their drops. As you are picking up the drops, watch for 2-3 Grawl Crones that will suddenly take interest in you. You can survive by utilizing all your defensive skills in conjunction with Oath Shot. You can use Dodge to break aggro with the remaining Grawl Crones.