This build has been archived as of 13:00, January 22, 2010 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
This build is designed to put pressure on enemy casters by inflicting Dazed through the use of the Ranger elite skill Broad Head Arrow. Additional skills from the Wilderness Survival line are used to increase survivability and condition spreading with Apply Poison. The Monk secondary is used in conjunction with the main Ranger build to remove conditions.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/Mo expert=12+1+2 wilder=9+1 marksm=9+1 protec=3][Broad Head Arrow][Optional][Distracting Shot][Savage Shot][Apply Poison][Natural Stride][Mending Touch][Resurrection Signet][/build]
- [[Point Blank Shot@15] - Big damage.
- [[Debilitating Shot@10] - Energy Denial.
- [[Pin Down@10] - Snare.
- [[Lightning Reflexes@15] - blocking + IAS.
- As with most Ranger builds, a Recurve bow is preferred.
- Bows with Poisonous and Silencing upgrades are required. Additionally, a Vampiric bow may be used.
- Other bow types include a Flatbow and a Longbow.
- A +5 Energy martial weapon and a Reduce Crippled Duration shield are recommended for fleeing from enemies.
- Constantly maintain Apply Poison.
- Inflict Dazed with Broad Head Arrow. Because of the increase in Arc angle, it has an increased chance of being dodged by moving targets, so you may wish to close in on the target before firing.
- Interrupt targets with Distracting Shot and Savage Shot.
- Scroll through and attack each target to spread Poison to the enemy team.
- Block enemy attacks and flee using Natural Stride.
- Remove harmful conditions with Mending Touch.
- Resurrect fallen party members with Resurrection Signet.
- Standard anti-attacker counters
- Diversion and Distracting Shot
- Purge Signet
- Whirling Defense or Lightning Reflexes
- Shadow Walk to reduce the chance that Broad Head Arrow will miss.
- You can change your secondary to Mesmer and replace mending touch with Epidemic to spread dazed and poison (PvE-only).
- You can replace Resurrection Signet with Rebirth or another hard res skill