This build has been archived as of 17:04, 22 June 2006, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good before being archived.
The Weariness Ranger is an oddball energy denial build. It is well suited for the Team Arenas or the Global Tournament where players are often found close together. It is somewhat less useful in GvG, where front and backlines tend to be more clearly defined, and proper positioning for Signet of Weariness is hard to achieve.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/mesme expert=12+1+3 domina=12 inspir=3][oath shot][debilitating shot][signet of weariness][mantra of signets][mind wrack][blackout][optional][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
Try to use Signet of Weariness against clumped opponents. One round of this will leave a warrior completely drained of energy and a ranger almost useless. Use Mind Wrack to reap the benefits of energy denial and to know when the target(s) have been fully drained.
The optional slot allows this build to be instantiated in a number of different scenarios.
- Distracting Shot or Savage Shot (redistribute attribute points to have at least 9+1 in Marksmanship) for interrupts
- Determined Shot to be shot at an obstructed foe so that Oath Shot is recharged. (No extra points in Marksmanship are needed.)
- Throw Dirt on warriors. They will not have the energy to remove the blindness themselves. This is very effective against hammer-wielding W/Ns (eg. W/N Unstoppable Hammer).
- Whirling Defense to increase durability
- Dodge for flag running
- Quickening Zephyr to add to the energy denial flavor (redistribute attribute points to have 5+1 in Wilderness Survival)
- Serpent's Quickness to speed up the recharge of Oath Shot.