This build has been archived as of 18:58, 20 February 2009 (UTC), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good before being archived.
The Conjure Prepared Shot Ranger uses Conjure Flame and Kindle Arrows to greatly increase the damage of his bow attacks, while still retaining the interrupting abilities and self-sufficiency of a typical ranger.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ranger/Elementalist Marksmanship=11+1+1 Expertise=8+1 Fire=8 Wilderness=9+1][Prepared Shot][Distracting Shot][Savage Shot] [Kindle Arrows][Conjure Flame][Troll Unguent][Dual Shot][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
Survivor armor. A Superior Vigor rune. A Minor Marksmanship rune and headgear. Minor Expertise A Minor Wilderness Survival rune.
Multiple recurve bows and flatbows. At least one vampiric flatbow is recommended. Some +5 energy bows are also needed. Make sure each bow has a fiery bowstring
- Maintain Conjure Flame and Kindle Arrows whenever fighting.
- Use Prepared Shot for energy-management and powerful damage.
- Use Distracting Shot and Savage Shot to interrupt important skills. Savage shot used immediately after another attack can create a quick spike of damage.
- Use Natural Stride to avoid attacks and to move more quickly around the battlefield. Natural Stride is particularly effective at decreasing the likelihood of someone interrupting your Troll Unguent.
- Standard melee counters(blind, hexes, etc.).
- Troll Unguent being interrupted can be deadly.
- Enchantment removal or interruption of Kindle Arrows.
- Mantra of flame at high enough level.
- Troll Unguent or Natural Stride can be replaced with another attack such as Dual Shot or Needling Shot if you are not intending to be away from a monk. In this case, Wilderness Survival could be decreased in order to increase Marksmanship or Fire Magic.
- In Alliance Battles, replace Resurrection Signet with Pin Down, Screaming Shot, Called Shot, or Dual Shot.