This build has been archived as of 10:31, 9 February 2008 (EST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
The Ebon Dust Skirmisher is built around supporting its group through chants and conditions. The enchantment Ebon Dust Aura is combined with the Paragon's ability to attack quickly and precisely to apply Blind indefinitely. This build has remarkable utility while remaining specialized enough to fit a specific role within a team.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=parag/dervi spearm=10+1+1 leader=10+2 comman=8+1 earthp=8][barbed spear][swift javelin][go for the eyes][anthem of flame][ebon dust aura][leaders comfort][aggressive refrain][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- You should carry three different spears with you:Vampiric, Zealous, and Ebon. Make sure you have your Ebon Spear equipped when trying to Blind opponents.
- Make sure to equip a Rune of Clarity, and it might be wise to bring one weapon with an "I can see clearly now!" inscription.
- You will need to have at least 35 energy for this build to work effectively.
- Apply Aggressive Refrain before the battle begins and use Anthem of Flame to renew it out of battle.
- Cast and maintain Ebon Dust Aura when targeting opponents that rely on attacks.
- Swift Javelin should be used while your enchantments are active.
- Leader's Comfort is your self-heal.
- A little taste of your own medicine in the form of a Plague Touch or other blinding skills.
- On-hit hexes like Insidious Parasite.
- Enchant removal can hinder your ability to blind.
- Swap points in Command for points in Motivation and take Energizing Chorus or Chorus of Restoration instead of "Go for the Eyes!".
- Dump points from command into Earth Prayers and swap GftE for a skill like Conviction or Vital Boon. In the case of Vital Boon, take Signet of Pious Light instead of Leader's Comfort.
- Or, put attribute points into earth prayers and take Wild Throw instead of GftE for more offense at the expense of energy management.
- Drop Barbed Spear for Mighty Throw for more damage output at the expense of quick activation and bleeding.