Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 15:17, May 12, 2010 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/x HealingPrayers=12+1+1 ProtectionPrayers=7+1 DivineFavor=8+1][Patient Spirit][Word of Healing][Dismiss Condition][Guardian][Cure Hex][Holy Veil][Optional][optional][/build]
- [[Shield Bash@0]: Better against Sins and an easy defense option, but isn't that great against constant amounts of physical pressure.
- [[Shield Stance@8]: A four second blocking skill with a short recharge and no drawbacks.
- [[Disciplined Stance@8]: Provides blocking as well as armor, which also helps against unblockable attacks and spells.
- [[Bonetti's Defense@3]: Energy management as well as 5 seconds of blocking that doesn't require extra attribute spread.
- [[Dolyak Signet@0]: For a great anti-kd without any cost and +10 armor, but the movement reduction can hurt.
- [[Balanced Stance@8]: Very useful anti knockdown and anti critical. Recommended to combine with Bonnettti's in order to provide the energy management to simply tank damage
- [[Return@6]: to shadowstep to allies and avoid melee.
- [[Dark Escape@6]: for a great anti-spike as well as IMS.
- [[Smoke Powder Defense@6]: to stop massive melee damage for a while.
- [[Armor of Sanctity@6]: For quick panic button that prots and provides AoE weakness.
- [[Conviction (PvP)@6]: For use with Armor of Sanctity for a substantial armor boost.
- Survivor's Insignias or Disciple's Insignias, with Runes of Vitae/Vigor; run Wanderer's in Fort Aspenwood if playing on the Kurzick side.
- A high set (a wand and focus with two 15/-1 mods).
- A 40/20/20% Protection staff.
- A 40/40 Heal Set.
- Spears with +5 energy/-5 energy, +30hp/Defense and +10 vs "x" shields.
- Max Q7/8 Tactics shield if you meet the requirements, otherwise a Strength shield.
- Preveil necessary targets (yourself, frontliners, etc)
- Heal with Word of Healing and Patient Spirit
- Use Guardian and Dismiss Condition as necessary
- When under pressure, use your secondary skills to protect yourself eg:
- Shield Bash vs assassin chains.
- Shield Stance or Disciplined Stance vs melee to get Guardian up easily.
- Balanced Stance vs attackers with KD (Assassins and Hammer Warriors mostly).
- Dark Escape vs anything to reduce damage.
- Return vs any melee to snare them and get away.
- Standard anti-caster counters
- Anti-block skills, like Wild Blow and Rigor Mortis
- Shield of Absorption or Shielding Hands for a small prot.
- Protective Spirit or Spirit Bond for a hard prot.
- Vigorous Spirit for excellent anti-pressure and a cover enchantment for Holy Veil.
- Signet of Rejuventaion Useful for an emergency heal if having problems with energy management.
- Sprint in AB
- Feigned Neutrality: powerful spike repellant and minor self-heal.
- Augury of Death: Can assist hugely to a teams damage output especially if you have no physicals.
- Kinetic Armor: huge armor boost that can be easily maintained, but which is weak to enchantment removal.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy: if often paired with Kinetic Armor for energy management.
- Shield of Force: powerful anti-spike pre-prot - not as useful as Shield Bash, but recharges faster.
- Vow of Piety: a useful stance that can be easily maintained.
- Hex Breaker Tell VoR and Frag Mesmers to gtfo.