Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 22:48, 4 January 2009 (EST), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good before being archived.
A Monk that utilizes Glimmer of Light to create a versatile, if not always the most efficient, build.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/any Healing=11+1+1 prot=10+1 Divine=10+1][Glimmer of Light][Spirit Bond][Dismiss Condition][Guardian][Shield of Absorption][Optional][Optional][Holy Veil][/build] </pvxbig>
- Armor: Survivor's insignia on all pieces, you won't need the extra energy if you stay on your toes. On the last open armor piece, either put a vitae or a recovery rune. The dazed reduction is nice, but is a bit of a trade-off in my opinion.
- 40/40 PROTECTION wand/offhand set
- Hale 20/20 Prot rod of enchanting/fortitude (I prefer enchanting.)
- Crippling Spear of Fortitude/Shield of fortitude set. (Keep both a +5 energy and a -5 energy spear in your inventory. Standard shield defensive sets, including reducing dazed and crippled shields.)
- High energy set. (Remember to not camp in this set, only switch to this set to cast.)
- Spirit Bond: Use this when you see a spike about to hit someone.
- Guardian: Use this to hinder physical opponents.
- SoA: Use this on people that are being trained by multiple sources of damage.
- Holy Veil: Remove hexes and remember to Pre-veil whenever possible.
- Dismiss Condition: This also heals if the target is enchanted; can be used as a general heal if you get diversioned on Glimmer.
- Glimmer of Light: Your after/during-a-spike heal. This skill replaces RoF and GoH, allowing for much more room on your bar. Use for cleanup after attempted spikes.
- Lots of wide-spread pressure. Glimmer isn't as efficient as Word of Healing.
- Those mesmer anti-elite skills, to a small extent. If your teammates have a self-heal, they can tune-up themselves.
- Daze, to a smaller extent than some Monks.
- Being caught unawares. Remember to always watch the field.
- BAD PROTTING. Practice identifying what type of prot you need, otherwise it's three times as much wasted energy.
- Remember to not spam glimmer like crazy, that's not the point of this build (unless you're under the effect of Divine Spirit). The point is to be able to counter a wide variety of threats, with Glimmer being the cleanup and general spike response.
- Shielding Hands - often weaker than Shield of Absorption, but the quick cast can be useful, especially against certain Assassins because of how it allows you to quickly re-act to to a tele-spike
- Draw Conditions - for when your team needs you to have a sure-fire ability to keep them clean
- Mending Touch - allows you to remove covered conditions from yourself; necessary with Draw conditions
- Mend Condition - a faster recharging condi removal than Dismiss
- Signet of Rejuvenation - a free, but conditional, heal
- Divine Spirit - energy management
- Deny Hexes - in combination with Divine Spirit to help against hex stacks
- Remove Hex - a faster-recharging hex removal than Veil...can be good in situations where Holy Veil will almost always be removed if used as pre-prot
- Cure Hex - can be decent against hex pressure
- Reverse Hex - a fast hex removal, giving you a high chance to avoid an interrupt and/or remove a nasty hex before a cover can be applied
- Purge Signet - all purpose complete removal...be sure to cast on your lowest energy set
- Protective Spirit - instead of Spirit Bond
- Vigorous Spirit - for the correct team build
- Spotless Soul / Spotless Mind - for constant removal-over-time
- Heal Party - if this is a flag-runner for GvG
- Aegis - for a standard back-line GvG Monk
- Hex Breaker - to help avoid hexes
- Return - Cast this on a set with a "Crippling" mod (usually your defensive set) whenever possible
- Dark Escape - Allows you to live through a sticky situation or run some place a bit quicker
- Dash - Helps you kite and/or get across the map quicker
- Disciplined Stance - A good anti-spike skill; also helps you remove Daze from yourself
- Balanced Stance - To counter knockdowns than can ruin the day; additionally prevents damage from physical characters by ignoring critical hits
- Shield Bash - Can be difficult to use, but rewarding when it pays off
- Sprint - For a Monk that wants a speed boost (such as for a GvG team that is constantly splitting) while still having access to a defensive Warrior ability