This build has been archived as of 01:22, October 17, 2009 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good working builds before being archived.
A very strong Random Arenas monk, as long as it doesn't run out of energy, nothing will die. The build takes advantage of the hex/condition heavy nature of RA, and as such, Melandru's Resilience is highly effective.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/Ranger Divine=12+1+1 Prot=9+1 wild=9][Melandru's Resilience][Reversal of Fortune][Shield of Absorption] [Guardian][Draw Conditions][Deny Hexes][optional][Divine Boon][/build]
- [[Remove Hex]
- [[Shielding Hands@10]
- [[Protective Spirit@10]
- Blessed insignias
- A +5 Spear of Enchanting with a selection of shields
- A 20/20 HCT/HRT wand/focus set (prot for SoAs, divine for denys)
- A high set (+15 Energy/-1 wand and focus)
- Reversal of Fortune and Signet of Devotion are your primary healing skills, use them well.
- Remove conditions from allies with Draw Conditions. This will also trigger Melandru's Resilience.
- Use a scaling amount of divine favor skills with Deny Hexes for variable hex removal.
- Maintain Melandru's Resilience and Divine Boon.
- Spirit Bond is extremely energy-efficient. Use it against: elementalists, hammer/axe warriors, dervishes and other heavy-hitters. Use SoA for small packets of dmg, i.e. sword warriors, assassins, wanding.
- Wild Blow , Wild Throw, and Wild Strike will end Melandru's Resilience thus cutting off your energy management.
- The opposing team not attacking you (putting hexes and conditions on you) will kill your energy management.
- Spirit Bond may be replaced for Contemplation of Purity.
- Natural Stride may be used in AB.
- Protect Spirit can replace Spirit Bond.
- If you roll The Crag just stand in the lava for 2 free pips of energy regeneration and one net pip of health regeneration.
- See this Guru thread for more discussion (spans over a few pages).