Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of March 8,2007, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category No category specified before being archived.
This smite monk uses the elite skill Air of Enchantment to lower the cost of quick spammable enchantments to 1. Using Zealot's Fire with Air of Enchantment and Balthazar's Aura will slowly kill all enemies near your target ally. This build is used in Alliance Battles, Team Arenas, and Guild versus Guild battles, where you are not always the primary target.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=monk/mesme divine=7+1 smitin=11+1+3 protec=10+1 inspir=7][reversal of fortune][guardian][air of enchantment][zealots fire][balthazars aura][channeling][smite hex][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Best would be a +5 energy sword or axe of Enchanting and a 20% recharge/+30 hp smiting off-hand.
- A weapon of Enchanting to lengthen the duration of Balthazar's Aura. An Insightful staff is also helpful.
- Kepkhet's Refuge or its non-unique counterpart.
- Acolyte's Armor to give you an armor bonus while enchanted, or Ascetic's Armor if you have a healer. Superior rune of smiting is necessary.
- An item with bonuses while enchanted can also be used
- Before attacking, cast Zealot's Fire (remember to cover Zealot's Fire).
- Cast Air of Enchantment on the ally, usually a Build:R/W Bunny Thumper or other warrior with knockdowns such as Build:W/E Shock Axe, and use Balthazar's Aura.
- Quickly spam Reversal of Fortune and Guardian.
- Keep Air of Enchantment up on target ally. It will last long enough to reduce its own cost.
- Use this to create defensive pressure, severely damaging enemy warriors and discouraging them from attacking allies.
- Use Smite Hex to remove hexes.
- Snare and kite the target being smited off of.
- Use any anti-spammer strategy such as Backfire, Blackout or Diversion
- Remove Zealots Fire from the monk with any enchantment removal skill.
- Well of the Profane totally destroys this build, as long as the team using it stays within its effect radius.
- A very good E-Denial mesmer or ranger, because as of the new update, Air of Enchantment lowers your energy costs to a minimum of 1.
- Use Nature's Renewal for control spam.
- Use Draw Conditions to counter Blinding Flash and Build:R/Me Cripshot Rangers.
- Replace Smite Hex with a condition removal skill or bring one in the optional slot.
- Advisable to make this build a Mo/E and bring Windborne Speed to increase the speed of the smite target, making the damage hard to kite.
- Bring Judge's Insight for armor penetration
- Bring Hex Breaker to counter Diversion and other hexes.
- Bring Channeling as a cover enchantment and to give you more energy.
- If using in Alliance Battles then you can take out Resurrection Signet for another skill.