Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 22:44, 29 December 2008 (EST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
A Mesmer that is built to split with allies who can inflict many conditions, powering skills such as Fragility. Although this character works best with specific allies, it can still solo NPCs by itself at a respectable pace.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mesmer/Ele Illusion=12+1+2 fastcasting=12+1 water=3][Signet of Illusions][Fragility][Conjure Nightmare][Auspicious Incantation@15][Deep Freeze@15][Immolate@15][Steam@15][Backfire@15][/build] </pvxbig>
- Survivor Insignias.
- Restoration, Attunement, and Superior Vigor runes.
- Wand and Offhand item that provide 10% chance of faster cast time and recharge to all spell types.
- Zealous Spear with +5 energy and 20% enchantment extending. Same offhand as the set above. Use this set to cast Armor of Mist and to gain a little energy when you're low by chucking spears at NPCs.
- +30 energy set.
- Defensive set with a -5 energy, +30 health Spear and a +30 Health Shield that has Cripple reduction. You can keep +5 energy and +5 armor spear variants in your inventory, as well as a dozen Shield variants. Also be sure to have a Vampiric spear in your inventory, so that you can degen yourself and hopefully die before the resurrection timer if opponents are trying to save you until after.
- Use Signet of Illusions to power your spells.
- Use Fragility to increase the power of conditions inflicted by you and your allies.
- Use Conjure Nightmare to cover Fragility and provide additional degen.
- Use Auspicious Incantation to maintain your energy. You'll want to use this with Deep Freeze as much as possible, but, if you're being camped by someone with interrupts then following this up with Conjure Nightmare may be wiser.
- Use Deep Freeze not only to gain energy with Auspicious, but also for some extra damage and as an all-purpose AoE snare.
- Use Immolate to pump out damage. With Fragility on a target with 60 AC, Immolate does 157 damage a pop.
- Use Steam for additional damage and to blind opponents.
- Use Backfire to LOL at casters.
- Diversion, D-shot on SoI. Be smart about using your elite skill - cancel it liberally when needed to bait Ranger interrupts and be aware of what the opposing Mesmer is doing.
- Healing Hands, Shielding Hands, SoA can efficiently mitigate a lot of this character's damage.
- Build is most commonly ran alongside this.