This build has been archived as of 06:14, 20 September 2007 (CEST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
The Expel Dom mesmer excels in an adrenal spike situtation, where the temporary shutdown of a Monk can lead to a kill. Expel Hexes is used as a very powerful hex removal skill in this build. These builds are very common in GvG, especially as a counter to Hex-heavy teams.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mesmer/Elementalist fast=11+1 domin=12+1+1 air=5][expel hexes][diversion][glyph of lesser energy][gale][spiritual pain][shatter enchantment][shame][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- A +30/-2 Energy set is recommended for the rare occasions where you exhaust yourself out.
- Runes of Minor or Superior Domination Magic, Superior Vigor, Minor Fast Casting.
- Remove multiple hexes with Expel Hexes.
- Use Spiritual Pain and Shatter Enchantment while spiking.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy should be activated before using costly spells.
- Shutdown enemy skills with Diversion. Since it costs 10 Energy, Glyph of Lesser Energy should be used to nullify that cost.
- Remove enemy enchantments and regain lost energy with Drain Enchantment.
- Use Gale for a long-range knockdown.
- Resurrect fallen party members with Resurrection Signet.
This build, like many Mesmer builds, have many different variants.
- Take Blackout to extensively shutdown enemies. This is especially useful against enemies using Adrenaline skills.
- Wastrel's Demise can be equipped for added spike damage.
- Take out an enemy's elite skill with Signet of Humility.
- If you're looking to take interrupts, consider taking Leech Signet, Power Drain, or Power Return.
- Include Energy Burn for more damage and energy denial.