This build has been archived as of 20:47, 3 July 2007 (CEST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category No category specified before being archived.
This is a commonly used build in Guild versus Guild matches. It utilizes the easy accessibility of the Elementalist elite skill Blinding Surge to provide an efficient Attacker shutdown solution while providing significant amounts of caster harassment via the Domination Magic line. Another skill from the Air Magic line, Gale, is used to increase the user's defensive and offensive capabilities; used alongside the Domination attribute offensive skills, it allows this build to support a team during |spikes.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=mesmer/elementalist domination=12+1+1 fast=8+1 air=10][Blinding Surge][Diversion][Shame][Spiritual Pain][Wastrel's Demise][Gale][Shatter Enchantment][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Health armor.
- Low energy set: -5 energy spear of fortitude/defense, shield as below.
- Standard set: +5 energy spear of fortitude, assortment of shields with +30hp and +10 armour vs specific damage type.
- Emergency energy set comprised of 2 +15/-1 items. Use for for those emergency Gales etc.
- Spam Diversion to shutdown monks and punish spammers. By counting spell recharges and pre-casting diversion, a mesmer can frequently divert specific skills.
- On monks under pressure, use Gale to harass that monk and put them in a situation where they either can't use skills or don't want to.
- Use Gale to forcefully lock down targets or get away from melee, but avoid over exhausting yourself.
- Use Blinding Surge to bring weapon damage to a halt.
- Spiritual Pain does great, armor-ignoring, AOE damage. Use it to assist on spikes, clear any annoying spirits, and increase pressure on the enemy team.
- Shatter Enchantment will remove annoying enchantments and can double as a spike assist skill.
- Despite having two high damage skills, killing things is not your primary concern as much as shutting foes down.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy is your management, try and get it to trigger 2 10 energy spells or Shatter Enchantment and a 10 energy spell for maximum effect.
- Diversion on Blinding Surge.
- Avatar of Melandru
- Wastrel's Demise can be replaced with Energy Burn or any other skill that can increase damage dealing capabilities. Shame is another possible substitute.
- Use Storm Djinn's Haste for a speed boost if aiding in the process of flag running, or simply to avoid Melee attackers.
- Blinding Surge and Gale can be replaced by "Incoming!" and "Brace Yourself!" for GvG matches to provide decent support against spikes