This build has been archived as of 16:37, 6 June 2008 (EDT), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=eleme/any airmag=12+1+1 energy=12+1][invoke lightning][blinding flash][lightning orb][lightning strike][gale][glyph of lesser energy][air attunement][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
Note: In a synchronized Air spike team, the 20% chance of faster casting speed weapon mod can give the spike target away. It is imperative in such teams that all spikers hit the target at exactly the same time; therefore, it is best not to use it in such a build.
- Cast Air Attunement immediately before an encounter and remember to keep it up.
- Choose a target in sync with your party's plan and try to take it out.
- Use your spiking skills in the order of how fast they recharge, Lightning Strike and Orb can be spammed indefinitely since their recharge is only 5 seconds each.
- Use Gale to control events around your party. If the spike target is running away, you can pin him down with Gale long enough to finish him off with Lightning Orb. If the target is using a long casting self heal like Troll Unguent or Healing Signet, use it as an interrupt. If an enemy is harassing your monk, use it on the enemy to give your monk a breather.
- Use Glyph of Lesser Energy to save energy on Lightning Orb and Blinding Flash.
- Use Blinding Flash to shut down enemy non-spellcasters.
- Air Spells are cheap and fast to recharge, so in general, being interrupted is not a big issue. Beware of Distracting Shot and Diversion however.
- Replace Invoke Lightning with Lightning Surge, and use it immediately before Lightning Orb for a massive 200 damage spike.
- Also for PvP, consider mesmer as a secondary profession and bring Shatter Enchantment or Drain Enchantment to make your spikes more effective, especially to counter skills that reduce your damage like Protective Spirit and Feigned Neutrality.
- Aura of Restoration can be used especially in RA as a self-heal and cover Enchantment for Air Attunement.
- Storm Djinn's Haste can be used for a speed boost. This is especially useful in Competitive Missions.
- Invoke Lightning can be replaced with Mind Shock. This allows for a Knockdown.
- With a mesmer secondary, Gale Can be replaced with Arcane Echo to allow you to spike twice in a row. This is more energy intensive, however.