This build has been archived as of 22:39, 8 June 2008 (EDT), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
An all-purpose PvE Elementalist, capable of dealing the damage expected of a "nuker" without running into the energy problems of the more commonly seen flare-spamming eles.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=e/rt Fire=12+1+3 Energy=12+1][Mark of Rodgort][Mind Blast][Fireball][Smoldering Embers][Rodgort's Invocation][Meteor Shower][Fire Attunement][Death Pact Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Survivor Insignia
- Three Fire Magic-tied headpieces; each with a Minor, Major or Superior Rune of Fire Magic, respectively (switch from Superior to Major and down to Minor if Death Penatly becomes a hindrance.
- 20% Enchant mod (on a martial weapon or staff)
- 20/20 HCT/HSR Fire Magic wand/offhand
- +15e/-1 Wand/Offhand
- Cast Mark of Rodgort on a target.
- Activate Mind Blast to recover energy from the Mark.
- Cycle between Fireball and Smoldering Embers for fast-paced nuking; Fireball hits AoE, Smoldering hits a single target, both are powerful and recharge quickly.
- Drop a Rodgort's Invocation on enemies as often as possible - the somewhat fast recharge and the unlimited energy from Mind Blast make this a deadly spell.
- Unleash Meteor Shower on large mobs at the beginning of the fight to achieve maximum damage/knockdown effect.
- Spam Mind Blast on targets between other spells, to keep energy up and to keep the targets burning.
- Resurrect allies when necessary.
- Standard caster hate, i.e., daze/migraine
- Mobs of Elementalists with lots of energy (more a problem in Hard Mode). Switch to your high set (+15e/-1) to keep gaining energy, even from other elementalists.
- Flesh of My Flesh instead of Death Pact Signet.
- Searing Heat instead of Rodgort's Invocation; good in lower level PvE to deal greater damage, works in higher level PvE to break aggro/split mobs.
- Liquid Flame instead of Smoldering Embers.