Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 22:15, September 30, 2010 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
This build takes full advantage of the skills "You Move Like a Dwarf!", Shadow Fang, and Assassin's Promise to create an extremely mobile, knock-locking pve assassin with a devastating, spammable spike.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=assas/any dagger=11+2 critic=8+1 deadly=11+1+1][Assassin's Promise][Shadow Fang]["You move like a dwarf!"][Falling Lotus Strike][Trampling Ox][Falling Spider][Blades of Steel][Impale][/build] </pvxbig>
- Weapons: Zealous daggers, 15^50, +30 HP. Optional: high-energy daggers in case of death penalty.
- Armor: Radiant/Survivor's/Nightstalker's Insignia with runes of Attunement to bring total energy above 30.
- Select a target and cast Assassin's Promise
- Activate "You Move Like a Dwarf!" and Shadow Fang to knock down your target and teleport in.
- Chain your attack skills, and follow with Impale
- If Assassin's Promise expires before the target is killed, then the chain is still usable. Close with the target, knock down with "You Move Like a Dwarf!" and chain the attack skills as normal.
- Immunity to knock-down.
- Anti-melee: blind, block, hexes, etc.
- Disruption of the attack chain, especially when it results in the removal or expiration of Assassin's Promise before the target dies.
- If heavy hex-removal is expected, Dark Prison can replace Shadow Fang, covering Assassin's Promise and not teleporting you away when removed.
Consider these skills over Impale:
- Brawling Headbutt. Three successive knockdowns shine in hard mode vs monks, bosses, or nearly anything else. Lower damage than other options and no instant deep wound, though.
- "Finish Him!". Instant DW, cracked armor, and armor-ignoring damage is win. The energy cost is prohibitive, however.
- Critical Agility. IAS is good, but in this build has the drawback of having to time you skills rather then just go 1, 2, 3...etc.
- Signet of Toxic Shock. High armor-ignoring damage for free.
- Alternately, replace Blades of Steel with Twisting Fangs, and use Signet of Deadly Corruption as a finisher--in this case, consider lowering dagger mastery (as the breakpoint for BoS no longer has to be met) and raising Deadly Arts to 12+1+1, gaining additional energy from AP to cover the more expensive dual attack and ensuring that the four conditions result in the full 130 damage from SoDC. This may be preferred as the damage from SoDC is armor-ignoring.