Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build has been archived as of 14:16, 5 March 2009 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
The Critical Barrager uses the Assassin primary Attribute of Critical Strikes and the skills Way of the Master + Critical Eye to increase the chance of critical hits. Coupled with a zealous bow string, this character has to hit just 2 enemies per Barrage (on average) to recover the energy cost.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=assas/range critic=12+1+1 marksm=12][Way of the Master][Critical Eye][Barrage][Distracting Shot@0][Savage Shot][Optional][Optional][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- A zealous bow is recommended, a Flatbow like the Ironwing Flatbow or Chkkr's Flatbow is generally preferred for Barragers, though a Recurve Bow can also be taken.
- Aim Barrage in the middle of tightly packed groups to maximize damage.
- Keep Critical Eye and Way of the Master up constantly and spam Barrage.
- Distracting Shot and Savage Shot are used to interrupt enemies, particularly ones that spam a single skill, allowing for easy interrupts through the spamming. The increased recharge time imposed by Distracting Shot is especially useful against Wurms using Wurm Siege.
- Favorable Winds for decreased flight time and arc, and a little extra damage.
- Ebon Battle Standard of Honor for more DPS for yourself and everyone else in your party.
- Antidote Signet or Assassin's Remedy for condition removal.
- Sharpen Daggers for spreading Bleeding to foes.
- Way of Perfection can be used for impressive self-healing when Barraging into clumped foes.
- This build can be adapted for a Barrage/Pet group. Take Charm Animal and Comfort Animal moving attribute points to Beast Mastery.
- Critical Defenses for extra defense.
- Keen Arrow to deal additional spike damage
- Critical Agility is good for some IAS.
- Take Triple Shot or Volley for high energy return and greater DPS.
- If higher critical strikes is taken, Critical Eye may not be necessary, and may be replaced with a skill listed above.
- For a heal take Shadow Refuge.
- Take "You Move Like a Dwarf!" for a ranged KD/interrupt/snare and damage.
- "Finish Him!" is a powerful finisher that the high energy gain from critical strikes and a zealous bow can help to spam.
- "I Am The Strongest!" for more damage.
- A Barrage ranger deals more consistent damage with higher levels of Marksmanship. However, this build allows for more frequent spike damage thanks to a much higher chance of critical hits.
- A zealous bow string greatly helps with energy management, as hitting just two foes on average per Barrage is enough to fully recover the energy cost of Barrage. But even by hitting one foe, your normal energy regeneration helps you to recover the energy cost of Barrage.