This build has been archived as of 04:41, 15 November 2007 (CET), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
A simple variation on the old AoD GPS/Falling Shocker build. The attack chain can be started with either Shock or Black Lotus Strike and is usually enough to keep a target on the ground with Horns of the Ox and kill them off before they can sufficiently heal themselves. Dual knockdowns in quick succession serve as interrupts and keeping the target useless while you kill them off.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=A/E name="Shocking Ox" dag=10+1+2 cri=9+1 dead=8+1 sha=8 air=5][Shadow Prison][Shock][Falling Spider][Horns of the Ox][Black Lotus Strike][Twisting Fangs][Shadow Refuge][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Choose your first target, pre-cast Shadow Refuge if necessary, teleport to target with Shadow Prison.
- Use the attack chain: Shock -> Falling Spider -> Horns of the Ox -> Black Lotus Strike -> Twisting Fangs.
- Use Shadow Refuge if necessary and continue attacking.
- Use the attack chain again as it recharges.
This tactic is useful if there are 2 monks or casters on a team and you need to knockdown both.
- Walk to the first target and use Shock -> Falling Spider -> Horns of the Ox / Twisting Fangs.
- Switch to the second target and use Shadow Prison -> Black Lotus Strike -> Horns of the Ox / Twisting Fangs.
- Common melee counters like Empathy, Spiteful Spirit and Blind.
- Block Stances/Enchantments.
- Anti-Knockdown skills.
- Foes standing adjacent to other enemies.
- Hex prevention/removal.
- Recall or Death's Retreat instead of Shadow Refuge or Resurrection Signet to have a way to teleport back to safety after a spike in HA/GvG.
- Feigned Neutrality instead of Shadow Refuge.
- Expose Defenses instead of Shadow Refuge if you have a dedicated healer.
- Iron Palm instead of Shock.
- Impale instead of Twisting Fangs for more straight damage while keeping Deep Wound. However, you lose the ability to use two half-chains on two separate targets.
- Blades of Steel instead of Twisting Fangs for better energy management.