This build has been archived as of 14:37, 23 July 2008 (EDT), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
The AoD Shock Sin is an extremly mobile and versatile build. It combines a decent chain which can be used in multiple ways, excellent survivability and dual knockdowns. This build is often used for ganking purposes in Guild versus Guild matches.
Attributes and SkillsEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=assas/eleme dagger=11+1 critic=11+1+1 shadow=8+1 air=3][Aura of Displacement][golden phoenix strike][Horns of the Ox][shock][falling spider][twisting fangs][shadow refuge][optional][/build] </pvxbig>
Pick one of the following:
- Dark Escape - for traveling between two distant points when you expect to be under fire
- Dash - anti-kite skill of choice for assassins
- Death's Charge - does not reset AoD's anchor, increasing mobility
- Resurrection Signet - for places with slow res timers
- Zealous daggers, 15^50, +30 HP
- Reduced cripple rune
- Swap to spear/shield set when not attacking to regen energy and get bonus armor.
- Use your chain against soft, weakened targets or to assist spikes. Shock interrupts skills, so you might want to use that to your advantage as well.
- Use Aura of Displacement to reach your target if it is far away or if you would like to create an escape route. Remember that you can use it even when you're still enchanted by it to change your anchor point.
- Execute the combo: Golden Phoenix Strike → Horns of the Ox → Falling Spider → Twisting Fangs, or Shock, Falling Spider, Twisting Fangs for weaker targets. The chain can be used in a number of different ways, meaning you will still be able to unleash even if a part of the chain is disabled.
- If the enemy is adjacent to an ally of his, use Shock instead of Horns of the Ox.
- Cancel Aura of Displacement at any time to escape back to safety. Don't be afraid to teleport out at any time; this skill is your lifeblood.
- Use Shock to interrupt Troll Unguent and Healing Signet on enemy NPCs.
- Use Shadow Refuge to heal.
- Dark Escape is mainly for mobility, but can also be used as a second "panic button" (after AoD, of course). This is especially useful if the character has to return to the stand.
- Run down kiters with Dash. It's also useful in AB and FA for running between cap points and running amber.
- Teleport forward with Death's Charge when you don't want to reset your AoD anchor (or AoD is recharging).
- Standard melee counters (blind, miss chance hexes, ward vs melee, blocking).
- Enchantment removal (if you get AoD removed not only will you be shadow stepped back, but you won't be able to use golden phoenix strike), this can be prevented by covering it with Shadow Refuge.
- Move all points from Shadow Arts to Air Magic and bring Conjure Lightning. (The other conjures work just as well.)
- In some situations, replacing Shadow Refuge with one of the other options may be useful. Do this only if you trust your monks.