Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This build requires a rating. Please apply the appropriate tag based upon consensus.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Let's face it: as much as the majority of players will agree that Heroes, at times, possess an AI that makes the direst of gamers shine like the most comforting blessing ever bestowed, they are (depending on how helpful one's guild is) all on which we can rely on far too many occasions. Therefore I hereby present a team-build for heroes which has allowed me to cut my path through hordes in hard mode when no hand would lend itself in my aid.
Disclaimer: most of the Dervish Skill descriptions in the skill bars are outdated; please refer to Guild Wars Wiki for their update. This team build has no room for warriors. This article contains references to the book of the apocalypse that are merely for recreational purposes and do not intend any religious or political implications. There are fragments of the ancient literature included in the article - should for any reason one not wish to read them, exclude the italic portions (quotations) from the reading. Paragons who wish to make use of this build need to address the variant exposed near the end of the article.
This team is meant to, at the very least, survive most areas in hard mode (if one adjusts the variable slots adequately). This is not a speed-clear build, merely a lazy survival one. For build-structiring purposes it is divided into four parts (named after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse), but for execution purposes it is divided into 2 teams: Squad A and Squad B.
- Player/Hero: variable which can be played as for spiking or for pressure.
- Hero: / UA healer.
- Hero: / Panic interrupt.
- Hero: / nuker.
- Player/Hero: / (or /) SoS wall.
- Hero: / healer.
- Hero: / MM bomber/support.
- Hero: / hexer.
Attributes and Skills Edit
This section will be divided into four Horse categories mentioned above (and will make for some fun for those of you who have read the literature).
The White Horse
"I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest."
In literature the White Horse depicts either good or evil, in this build, it represents the roles that are most recommendable to be carried out by the player, since Hero AI is relatively incompettent at them. This also means that the team-build can be utilized with two players, each one leading a squad.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ritualist/Any ChannelingMagic=11+1+3 SpawningPower=10+1 Communing=10][Summon Spirits][Optional][Armor of Unfeeling][Painful Bond][Signet of Spirits][Pain][Vampirism][Shadowsong][/build] </pvxbig>
- The skills utilized for / are the same, but vary in the fact that attributes Channeling Magic and Communing should both be elevated to 12.
- The above presents the only exception of the case of a ranger, in which case some attribute points must be sacrificed to rise the level of Expertise.
- Useful skills for the optional slot are Spirit Boon Strike, if one's spirits should require heavy healing, and Essence Strike, should energy management be a problem.
- Should one choose to have a hero run this role, it is best to have Summon Spirits replacced with Splinter Weapon, and Vampirism with either Disenchantment or Anguish.
- Choosing to hero this build will result in elevated micromanegement.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Dervish/Any ScytheMastery=11+1+1 Mysticism=10 EarthPrayers=10+1][Vow of Strength][Mystic Regeneration][Veil of Thorns][Armor of Sanctity][Optional][Sand Shards][Radiant Scythe][Chilling Victory][/build] </pvxbig>
<pvxbig> [build prof=Assassin/Dervish ScytheMastery=11 CriticalStrikes=10+1+1 EarthPrayers=10][Critical Eye][Critical Agility][Way of the Master][Vow of Strength][Sand Shards][Mystic Sandstorm][Radiant Scythe][Chilling Victory][/build] </pvxbig>
<pvxbig> [build prof=Assassin/Any DaggerMastery=12+1+1 CriticalStrikes=12+1][Critical Eye][Critical Agility][Optional][Jagged Strike][Wild Strike][Death Blossom][Moebius Strike][Twisting Fangs][/build] </pvxbig>
- The optionals are completely contextual, but since the role of these builds is the application of pressure or spikes the best option would be whichever skill increases damage outpot the most.
- If running the Death Blossom spamming on a hero, replace Critical Agility with a Warrior stance (e.g. Flurry).
- The "Critial Scythe" should only be used by an actual player.
The Red Horse
"When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come and see!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword."
The symbol of war in the ancient texts, is here the main offensive set of the team. Composed by a Mesmer interrupt and an Elementalist nuker. The panic mesmer is a man of all seasons and can remain unchanged regardless of the context.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mesmer/Monk DominationMagic=12+1+3 FastCasting=9+1 InspirationMagic=9 IllusionMagic=3][Panic][Cry of Frustration][Signet of Disruption][Signet of Clumsiness][Power Spike][Power Drain][Drain Enchantment][Wastrel's Demise][/build] </pvxbig>
The Elementalist nuker is a tricky one due to the volatile nature of the enemy's characteristics.
For general use he must use the following:
<pvxbig> [build prof=Elementalist/Mesmer FireMagic=12+1+3 EnergyStorage=12+1 AirMagic=3][Aura of Restoration][Fire Attunement][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Arcane Echo][Searing Flames][Glowing Gaze][Meteor Shower][Lightning Javelin][/build] </pvxbig>
- Lightning Javelin on the Searing Flames build may look inadequate, but it is actually somewhat useful with boss/heavy-melee fights, and should be disabled until such occasion. Moreover, one must make sure the hero mimics the elite with Arcane Echo whenever the time can be spared.
For confrontations against Destroyers he should pack the following:
<pvxbig> [build prof=Elementalist/Any WaterMagic=12+1+3 EnergyStorage=12+1 AirMagic=3][Aura of Restoration][Water Attunement][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Shatterstone][Maelstrom][Vapor Blade][Ice Spikes][Glowing Ice][/build] </pvxbig>
For confrontations with either extremely high prtection levels, elemental resistance, or plagued with undead:
<pvxbig> [build prof=Elementalist/Monk FireMagic=10+1+3 EnergyStorage=10+1 SmitingPrayers=11][Aura of Restoration][Fire Attunement][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Ray of Judgment][Kirin's Wrath][Reversal of Damage][Rodgort's Invocation][Searing Heat][/build] </pvxbig>
The Black Horse
"When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!""
This is the name I have given to the necro team in tribute to the writtings' element for Famine and Pestilence. Like all necro teams, this one is composed by three of them which I will divide into one famine necros and one pestilence necros.
The role of the famine necro is to prvide healing and hex removal. It utilizes an unusual Elite. Its core buiild leaves two open skill slots for an attribute that will have a level of 10::
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Monk SoulReaping=8+1+1 HealingPrayers=12][Glimmer of Light][Heal Party][Cure Hex][Remove Hex][Signet of Lost Souls][Resurrection Chant][Optional][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- In areas with abundant exploitable corpses, use the remaining attritube points to rais Death Magic to level 10 and and equip Animate Bone Minions and Death Nova.
The two pestilence necros are a hexer/conditioner necro and support necro. The hexer/conditioner necro is as follows:
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Elementalist Curses=10+1+3 SoulReaping=10+1 WaterMagic=11][Spiteful Spirit][Blurred Vision][Deep Freeze][Enfeebling Blood][Meekness][Optional][Signet Of Lost Souls][Glyph of Lesser Energy][/build] </pvxbig>
- In areas where the mobs are large and/or high in caster/hybrid numbers, it is recommended to equip Maelstrom.
- In areas where the enemy will rely heavily on enchantments, it is recommended to use Chilblains.
The support necro's main role is to remove conditions and provide some protection. It's secndary role can be either a Minion Master (if enough exploitable corpses are available) or a Blood Degen. The respective builds are the following:
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Monk DeathMagic=10+1+3 SoulReaping=10+1 ProtectionPrayers=11][Aegis][Protective Spirit][Mend Ailment][Mend Condition][Signet of Lost Souls][Aura of the Lich][Animate Bone Minions][Death Nova][/build] </pvxbig>
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Monk BloodMagic=10+1+3 SoulReaping=10+1 ProtectionPrayers=11][Aegis][Protective Spirit][Mend Ailment][Mend Condition][Signet of Lost Souls][Life Transfer][Vampiric Swarm][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- The optional for the latter is normally best fit with Blood Ritual, Unholy Feast, or Blood of the Aggressor.
The Pale Horse
"When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."
This is the only segment of the team that is only composed by one character. The Pale Horse is said to be death itself, and in contrast, it is the one in charge of preventing it in this team: the UA healer.
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/Elementalist DivineFavor=11+1 HealingPrayers=10+1+3 ProtectionPrayers=10][Unyielding Aura][Healing Whisper][Heal Party][Mend Ailment][Cure Hex][Reversal of Fortune][Shield of Absorption][Glyph of Lesser Energy][/build] </pvxbig>
- Core requirement is at least a Minor Rune of Vigor, and as many Runes of Attunement as possible in the remaining slots.
- Attribute runes must be distributed accordingly to match build requirements.
- For the Melee: Full Nightstalker's Insignia for the Assassin and full Windwalker Insignia for the Dervish.
- For the Casters: Full Radiant Insignia (as mad as it may sounds to some).
- Add the party memebers in the specified order.
- Adapt the Variants and Optionals to the situation.
- An example of a full Apocalypseway team is as follows:
- Place the SoS wall in front of the rest of the casters; the White Horse always goes in the front.
- Scatter your team behind the Spirit Wall (as to avoid AoE) flagging the Black Horse Towards the center, the Pale Horse behind the Blackhorse(without placing it out of spell range), and the Red Horse to the sides, but still behind the Spirit Wall.
- As soon as the spirits make contact have the melee White Horse charge against the priority target.
- If a second player comes along, each player leads a squad. If one of the players lacks the heroes to do so, then he must position himself according to his role.
- Frozen Soil is to be placed on the Ritualist or the Mesmer whenever necessary.
- Do not forget to be ready to change the flag's position at all times.
- Hero stupidty.
- Full micromanagement is near-impossible.
If one should play as a Paragon, an Imbagon build is necessary to either make all of the Black Horse into a 1/2-DiscordWay team, or its support necro must adopt the appropriate of the following builds (depending on the availability of exploitable corpses):
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Monk DeathMagic=10+1+3 SoulReaping=10+1 Protection Prayers=11][Deathly Swarm][Deathly Chill][Mend Ailment][Mend Condition][Signet of Lost Souls][Jagged Bones][Animate Bone Minions][Death Nova][/build] </pvxbig>
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Monk BloodMagic=10+1+3 SoulReaping=10+1 ProtectionPrayers=11][Blood Ritual][Blood of the Aggressor][Mend Ailment][Mend Condition][Signet of Lost Souls][Life Transfer][Vampiric Swarm][Unholy Feast][/build] </pvxbig>
This article could also be seen as proper general hero team construction 101 (hence the absence of a See Also section), thus generating some negative reactions from the more seasoned players.
--Clan of Onewing 21:01, September 11, 2011 (UTC)